Last updated: December 3, 2021
Ownership of the Site
Use of the Site
As a condition of your use of the Site, you agree, and represent, warrant and covenant in favor of MyCareerTech, that:
- You are not barred from receiving products or services under applicable law
- You will not attempt to use the Site with crawlers, robots, data mining or extraction tools or any other functionality;
- You have the right to provide any and all information you submit to the Site, and all such information is accurate, true, current and complete; and
- You will update and correct information you have submitted to the Site and ensure that it is accurate at all times (out-of-date information will invalidate your account).
Access to the Site
MyCareerTech retains the right, at our sole discretion, to deny service or use of the Site or an account to anyone at any time and for any reason. While we use reasonable efforts to keep the Site and your account accessible, the Site and/or your account may be unavailable from time to time. You understand and agree that there may be interruptions in service or events, Site access, or access to your account due to circumstances both within our control (e.g., routine maintenance) and outside of our control.
You are responsible for updating and correcting information you have submitted to create or maintain your account. As part of your account settings, you have the option to: (a) save, edit or delete your personal information; and (b) opt-out of persistent login. You understand and agree that MyCareerTech shall have no responsibility for any incident arising out of, or related to, your account settings. You must safeguard your password and supervise the use of your account. You are solely responsible for maintaining the security of your account and maintaining settings that reflect your preferences. We will assume that anyone using the Site or transacting through your account is you. You agree that you are solely responsible for any activity that occurs under your account.
- Submitting any content to the Site that:
- Violates applicable laws (including, without limitation, intellectual property laws, laws relating to rights of privacy and publicity, and laws related to defamation);
- Contains personal information, except when we expressly ask you to provide such information;
- Contains viruses or malware;
- Offers unauthorized downloads of any copyrighted, confidential or private information;
- Has the effect of impersonating others;
- Contains messages by non-spokesperson employees of MyCareerTech purporting to speak on behalf of MyCareerTech or provides confidential information concerning MyCareerTech;
- Contains chain letters of any kind;
- Is purposely inaccurate, commits fraud or falsifies information in connection with your MyCareerTech account or to create multiple MyCareerTech accounts; or
- Is protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary right without the express permission of the owner of the copyright, trademark or other proprietary right.
- Attempting to do or actually doing any of the following:
- Accessing data not intended for you, such as logging into a server or an account which you are not authorized to access;
- Scanning or monitoring the Site for data gathering purposes in an effort to track sales, usage, aggregate offering information, pricing information or similar data;
- Scanning or testing the security or configuration of the Site or breaching security or authentication measures; or
- Interfering with service to any user in any manner, including, without limitation, by means of submitting a virus to the Site or attempting to overload, “flood,” “spam,” “mail bomb” or “crash” the Site.
- Using any of the following:
- Frames, framing techniques or framing technology to enclose any content included on the Site without our express written permission;
- Any Site content, including, without limitation, User Content (defined below), in any meta tags or any other “hidden text” techniques or technologies without our express written permission;
- The Site or any of its contents to advertise or solicit, for any commercial, political or religious purpose, or to compete, directly or indirectly, with MyCareerTech; or
- The Site or any of its resources to solicit consumers, Advertisers or other third parties to become users or partners of other online or offline services directly or indirectly competitive or potentially competitive with MyCareerTech.
- Collecting any of the following:
- Content from the Site, including, without limitation, content to consumers, in any manner that diverts traffic from the Site without our express written permission; or
- Personal Information (defined in our Privacy Statement), User Content (defined in "Disclaimer of Warranty" below) or content of any users.
- Engaging in any of the following:
- Tampering or interfering with the proper functioning of any part, page or area of the Site or any functions or services provided by MyCareerTech;
- Taking any action that places excessive demand on our services or imposes, or may impose, an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our servers or other portion of our infrastructure (as determined in our sole discretion);
- Reselling or repurposing your access to the Site;
- Accessing, monitoring or copying any content from the Site using any "robot," "spider," "scraper" or other automated means or any manual process for any purpose without our express written permission;
- Violating the restrictions in any robot exclusion headers on the Site or bypassing or circumventing other measures employed to prevent or limit access to the Site;
- Aggregating any content or other information from the Site (whether using links or other technical means or physical records) with material from other sites or on a secondary site without our express written permission;
- Deep-linking to any portion of the Site without our express written permission;
- Hyperlinking to the Site from any other website without our initial and ongoing written consent; or
- Acting illegally or maliciously against the business interests or reputation of MyCareerTech, our Advertisers or our services.
Copyright and Trademarks
The Site contains copyrighted material, trademarks, and other proprietary information, including, without limitation, text, software, photos, video, graphics, music and sound, and the entire contents of the Site are protected by copyright, trademark, and other intellectual property laws of the United States. MyCareerTech owns a copyright in the selection, coordination, arrangement and enhancement of such content, as well as in the content original to it. You may not modify, distribute, publish, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, participate in the transfer or sale, create derivative works or in any way exploit any of the content, in whole or in part. Except as otherwise expressly provided under copyright law, no downloading, copying, redistribution, retransmission, publication or commercial exploitation of the content without the express permission of MyCareerTech or the copyright owner is permitted. If downloading, copying, redistribution, retransmission or publication of copyrighted material is permitted, you will make independent attribution and/or make no changes in or deletion of any author attribution, trademark legend or copyright notice. You acknowledge that you do not acquire any ownership rights by downloading copyrighted material. Any violation of these restrictions may result in a copyright, trademark or other intellectual property right infringement that may subject you to civil and/or criminal penalties.
The mark "MyCareerTech," the MyCareerTech logo(s), and variations thereof found on the Site are trademarks owned by MyCareerTech or its related entities and all use of these marks inures to the benefit of MyCareerTech. “MyCareerTech” is a trademark registered, or for which a registration application has or will be filed, in the United States of America.
Other marks on the Site not owned by MyCareerTech may be under license from the trademark owner thereof, in which case such license is for the exclusive benefit and use of MyCareerTech unless otherwise stated, or may be the property of their respective owners. You may not use MyCareerTech's name, logos, trademarks or brands, or trademarks or brands of others on the Site, without MyCareerTech's express written permission.
We do not accept or consider, directly or through any MyCareerTech employee or agent, unsolicited ideas of any kind, including, without limitation, ideas or suggestions relating to new or improved products, enhancements, names or technologies, advertising and marketing campaigns, plans or other promotions. Please do not send us (or any of our employees) any unsolicited ideas, suggestions, material, images or other work in any form ("Unsolicited Materials"). If you send us Unsolicited Materials, you understand and agree that the following terms will apply, notwithstanding any cover letter or other terms that accompany them:
- MyCareerTech has no obligation to review any Unsolicited Materials, nor to keep any Unsolicited Materials confidential; and
- MyCareerTech will own, and may use and redistribute, Unsolicited Materials for any purpose without restriction and free of any obligation to acknowledge or compensate you.
Infringement Reporting Procedures and Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) Procedures
- Infringement Reporting Procedures. If you own copyright, trademark, patent or other intellectual property rights ("IP Rights Owner"), or if you are an agent authorized to act on the IP Rights Owner’s behalf ("Authorized Agent"), and you have a good faith belief that material or products on the Site infringe the IP Rights Owner’s copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property right, and you would like to bring it to MyCareerTech's attention, you can report your concern(s) by submitting your complaint in writing to Corrine Baxter at 10945 State Bridge Road, Suite 401-471, Alpharetta, GA 30022.
- DMCA Procedures. MyCareerTech reserves the right to terminate your or any third party’s right to use the Site if such use infringes the copyright(s) of another. MyCareerTech may, under appropriate circumstances and at its sole discretion, terminate your or any third party’s right to access to the Site, if MyCareerTech determines that you or a third party is a repeat infringer. If you believe that any material has been posted via the Site by any third party in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, and you would like to bring it to MyCareerTech's attention, you must provide MyCareerTech's DMCA Agent identified below with the following information: (a) an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyrighted work; (b) an identification of the copyrighted work and the location on the Site of the allegedly infringing work; (c) a written statement that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the owner, its agent or applicable law; (d) your name and contact information, including, without limitation, telephone number and email address; and (e) a statement by you that the above information in your notice is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
The contact information for MyCareerTech’s DMCA Agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement is: MyCareerTech, LLC, Attn: Corrine Baxter, 10945 State Bridge Road, Suite 401-471, Alpharetta, GA 30022.
Disclaimer of Warranty
YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT USE OF THE SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. NONE OF MyCareerTech, ITS SUBSIDIARIES OR AFFILIATES, OR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, ADVERTISERS, THIRD-PARTY CONTENT PROVIDERS OR LICENSORS OR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS, WARRANT THAT USE OF THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, SECURE, VIRUS-FREE OR ERROR-FREE, NOR DO THEY MAKE ANY WARRANTY AS TO (A) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM USE OF THE SITE, OR (B) THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS OR RELIABILITY OF (I) THE CONTENT ON THE SITE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ADVERTISER OFFERINGS OR OTHER AVAILABLE PROGRAMS, (II) DESCRIPTIONS OF ADVERTISER OFFERINGS OR OTHER AVAILABLE PROGRAMS, OR (III) USER CONTENT PROVIDED THROUGH THE SITE. THE SITE AND ALL CONTENT, USER CONTENT AND OTHER INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THE SITE, ADVERTISER OFFERINGS AND OTHER AVAILABLE PROGRAMS ACCESSIBLE OR AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE, ARE MADE ACCESSIBLE OR AVAILABLE ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED BY APPLICABLE LAW, MyCareerTech HEREBY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY, AS TO THE OPERATION OF THE SITE OR THE CONTENT, USER CONTENT OR OTHER INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THE SITE OR THE ADVERTISER OFFERINGS OR OTHER AVAILABLE PROGRAMS ACCESSIBLE OR AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THOSE OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, NON-INTERFERENCE, ADVERTISERABILITY, MERCHANTABILITY, SUITABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AS WELL AS WARRANTIES IMPLIED FROM A COURSE OF PERFORMANCE OR COURSE OF DEALING.
Limitation of Liability
When you use the Site or send emails to MyCareerTech, you are communicating with us electronically and consent to receive electronic communications related to your use of the Site. We will communicate with you by email or by posting notices on the Site. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that are provided to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing. Notices from us will be considered delivered to you and effective when sent to the email address you provide on the Site or from which you otherwise email us.
Websites of Others
The Site may contain links to websites maintained by other parties. These links are provided solely as a convenience to you and not because we endorse or have an opinion about the contents on such websites. We expressly disclaim any representations regarding the content or accuracy of materials on such websites or the privacy practices of those websites. If you decide to access websites maintained by other parties, you do so at your own risk. We are not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage, loss or liability caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with any use of or reliance on any content, Products or services available on or through any such linked site or resource.
You are solely responsible for your interactions with Advertisers and other users of the Site. To the extent permitted under applicable laws, you hereby release MyCareerTech from any and all claims or liability related to any product or service of an Advertiser, regardless of whether such product or service is an Advertiser Offering available through the Site, any action or inaction by an Advertiser, including, without limitation, any harm caused to you by action or inaction of an Advertiser, an Advertiser’s failure to comply with applicable law and/or failure to abide by the terms of an Advertiser Offering or any other product or service purchased or obtained by you from the Advertiser, and any conduct, speech or User Content, whether online or offline, of any other third-party.
Student Data Privacy Agreements
Choice of Law
- No Class Action Matters. We each agree that we shall bring any Dispute against the other in our respective individual capacities and not as a plaintiff or class member in any purported class or representative proceeding or as an association. In addition, we each agree that Disputes shall be arbitrated only on an individual basis and not in a class, consolidated or representative action. The arbitrator shall not have the power to vary these provisions.
- Choice of Law and Forum; No Jury Trial. If for any reason a Dispute proceeds in court: (i) except with respect to a qualifying claim over a Dispute in a small claims court, you agree that any such Dispute may only be instituted in a state or federal court in Fulton County, Georgia; (ii) you and MyCareerTech irrevocably consent and submit to the exclusive personal jurisdiction and venue of such courts for resolution of such Disputes; (iii) you and MyCareerTech agree that the Federal Arbitration Act, the AAA rules, applicable federal law and the laws of the State of Georgia, without regard to principles of conflicts of law, will govern this Dispute Agreement and any Disputes; and (iv) you and MyCareerTech agree to waive any right to a trial by jury.
- Time Limitations. If either of us wants to assert a Dispute against the other, the party with a Dispute must institute arbitration within one (1) year from the date the Dispute arose. Absent commencing the arbitration within one (1) year from the date the Dispute arose, the Dispute(s) will be forever barred.
- Severability. With the exception of subsection (b) above, if any part of this Section is ruled to be unenforceable, then the balance of this Section shall remain in full effect and construed and enforced as if the portion ruled unenforceable were not contained herein. If subsection (b) above is ruled to be unenforceable, then subsection (a) shall be deemed unenforceable, but the rest of this Section shall remain in full effect.
You are contracting with MyCareerTech, LLC. Correspondence should be directed to: MyCareerTech, LLC, ATTN: Corrine Baxter at 10945 State Bridge Road, Suite 401-471, Alpharetta, GA 30022.
If you are a California resident, you may report complaints to the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs by contacting them in writing at 400 R Street, Sacramento, CA 95814, or by telephone at (800) 952-5210.